Overview week 3 objectives
This week was a very busy one, we started a lot of new projects and continued the ones from the pervious week. We made great progress with the post processing program and fixed a lot of bugs. Furthermore we had a special appointment with Mattijs, he also works on a similar setup as the XXL Ultimaker. We exchanged tips and tricks to both of our benefit. It also was great to get a fresh view from other people.
From project Cover Works, a follow up project was started to further improve the exterior design: Cover Works 2.0. We were able multitask between the various projects, allowing us to work evenl more efficient. For example, when we had to wait for the laser cutter to finish a model we could work on modelling the next cover or assemble and install the previous one.
The Hardware Upgrade is yet another amazing improvement. Now that everything is logically ordent it is much easier to trace back cables or make repairs.
Starting project Hardware Upgrade
Part 1: Getting organized
Part 2: Installing the new Raspberry Pi
Part 4: Motor upgrade
Part 5: Adding the LED’s
Part 6: Heater fail
Starting project Cover Works 2.0
Part 1: The raspberry Pi casing
Part 2: The vent casing
Part 3: The brand sign
Starting project Backpack design
Part 1: Backpack design prototype 1
Continuing project Cover Works
Part 3: Prototype 2
Part 4: Final adjustments
Continuing project Light it up!
Part 2: LED upgrade 2
Continuing project post processing program
Part 4: Octoprint plugin orientation
Part 5: New g-code post processor
Finishing project New overlap
Part 3: Aalternative overlap modelling